Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Dont Want to be Liked By Everybody and Churchill Didnt Either.


In a sea of smiles that almost instantly turn into grunts when both people are no longer face to face, I sometimes wonder; how strong and real are the connections with the people we socialize with? But the bigger question is this, am I the only person who thinks they are doing something right/living an honest life when I find out that I've rubbed a few people the wrong the way? We all want to be within the circle of familiar interests and ideas that bind together strangers (that’s a given) but theres something incredibly unsettling about the person who is buddies and has nothing but smiles for everyone they have ever encountered. Have you ever come across someone who has never had a single confrontation with another? I have and I don’t envy them. Rather, I want to say to them, who are you, non-confrontational and lukewarm person? No, who are you really? Are you just a watered down version of who you truly are? Is making nicey nice with everyone that important to you?  I never did understand people who get along with everyone and have no enemies and maybe I never will. Its great if being liked is top priority but I cant help but feel that as we age and grow into the person we are meant to be, our circle of those we have a real connection with becomes smaller and tighter and consequently stronger.


I'm not liked by some. 
I've been misunderstood by a few.
I've rubbed people the wrong way and you know what, I like it like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment