Sunday, April 6, 2014

To You, Whoever You Are…


To you…whoever you are…
Sometimes the longing for you is deep, semi-unbearable and
so strong that, “I can feel it in my bones” (ever listen to Metric?). 

My self-talk in regards to you is so sure (no doubt that one day I will meet you). 
But somewhere (really, really) deep inside I fear that I will not. 
Why would I? 
Do I deserve to? 
To think, maybe I will never read you this... 
I fear that my real life (happy ending) Romeo will never come. 
I will never look into your eyes and say, “Wow”.

This fear is very real but don’t make it my reality, beloved and dear stranger. 
Do not let me live a life where I do not meet you; where our paths do not cross; where I make it for a bus I was meant to be late for.
Do not let me live a life without butterflies, skipped heart beats and mornings and nights of lying in bed and feeling so utterly alive.
But above all so grateful that we are together (finally). 
Because the truth is, it’s not the physical.

I need your guidance.
I need your touch.
I need you to fix me (put the pieces back together).
I need your embrace.
I bet some days I will wanna hide in your arms (the world is too cold, can I stay in them forever?)
Hidden, safe, reclusive. 
“The world can't hurt me anymore!”, I’ll say and it will be true.

I need to laugh with you.
Secret world of inside jokes galore that are always on repeat.
Population: 2
I need your warmth (sometimes it feels like its always winter or maybe it truly is?)

Do not let me live here without you. 
Population: 7.15 billion.
I do not want to but above all, I do not think I can.
Live without you, my beloved, and dear stranger. 
Whoever you are…

1 comment: